Anchora Salutis is the Laughlin Family motto, which means “Anchor of Salvation.”
My name is Amanda Laughlin I am a Certified Personal Trainer. I have a background in public safety but turned my focus toward personal training and competing. I am passionate about helping individual people as well as communities and want to use that passion to effect lasting changes in health and fitness. I especially enjoy showing women the value of becoming stronger. We have a awesome home gym in our garage, where we try to film daily workout videos and post them to social media. I am currently training to compete in the National Physique Committee in the bikini category.
I have had the honor of being invited to train at Kabuki Strength Lab with their amazing coaching staff including world record powerlifter Chris Duffin.
Please contact Amanda at (360) 224-0896 firstname.lastname@example.org for details on her online coaching and personal training in Bellingham Washington and the greater Whatcom County Area. Specializing in weight loss, fat loss, body recomposition, conditioning and strength coaching.
Amanda Laughlin is a Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise (ACE).
Brooks Laughlin is currently a full time police officer, firearms instructor and SWAT team member. This is one of the reasons why physical fitness is so important to us. In order to be able effectively work in a police or concealed carry you must be proficient in the three areas of what Paul Howe calls the tactical triangle: firearms skills, tactics and physical fitness. Brooks has been featured on Kabuki Strength’s podcast with world renowned power lifter Chris Duffin. Brooks is a Kabuki Strength Brand Ambassador.
We have done T&Es and/or photographs for numerous firearms, clothing, equipment and fitness companies. We are currently sponsored by several companies that have graciously supported us over the years. Click her for my information on companies I have worked with.
Brooks’ Law Enforcement Background:
I started my career as an explorer and became a patrol officer in 2006. I became a narcotics detective shortly after that (hence the user name). I worked hundreds of controlled purchases of narcotics, numerous undercover operations, federal wire taps, prostitution, surveillance, search warrants, federal drug and money laundering cases.
After almost four years as a narcotics detective I became the full time range master and head firearms instructor for my department. My duties included:
- Oversaw firearms training and qualification for 114 commissioned personnel
- Conducted 80-100 range trainings a year
- Oversaw a cadre assistant firearms instructors
- Authored all departmental qualification courses and firearms trainings.
- Armorer for all department firearms
- Served as quartermaster for the Police Department
- Managed the range budget for the department
- Use of deadly force subject matter expert
- Responsible for all use of deadly force instruction
- Reviewed all use of force, deadly force and firearms policies for the department
I am currently an Assault Team member and gas operator on my department’s SWAT team. I have also been a firearms instructor for the SWAT team since 2011.
- CSAT Certified Tactical Rifle and Tactical Pistol Instructor under MSG. Paul Howe
- Force Science Analyst Certification
- Washington State Tactical Officers Association (WSTOA) SWAT Basic
- Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission (CJTC) Handgun Instructor
- CJTC Patrol Rifle Instructor
- CJTC Firearms Instructor Level II
- National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA) Less Lethal, Chemical Agents, and Flash Sound Diversionary Devices instructor.
- Specialized Armament M16/AR15 Armorer School
- Glock Armorers Course
- Remington Armorers Course
- Heckler an Koch Armorers Course
- Next Level Training Instructor Course
- CJTC CIT Basic
- CJTC CIT Advanced
- CJTC CIT Force Options – instructor
- CJTC Basic Law Enforcement Academy
- CJTC Instructor Development
- Undercover Operations
- Reid Interview and Interrogation Technique
- Reid Street Crimes
- Asset Forfeiture
- DEA Marijuana Grow Investigations
- Advanced Roadside Impairment Detection and Enforcement
I am an armorer for the following weapon systems:
Heckler and Koch G36C
A member of the following organizations:
National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA)
Washington State Tactical Officer’s Association (WSTOA)
International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA)
International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors (IALEFI)
Undercover Officers Association
National Rifle Association
Glock Shootings Sports Foundation
First and foremost our family and faith comes first. We are parents to three beautiful daughters. We are all devoted followers of Christ.